Click the image below to watch our video demonstration.
We have come up with a spring detox salad for this week. The month of May has become detox month for us, so we put together a bunch of übercleansing ingredients and added some Asian flavorings and it came out very tasty. I just made up this salad on the weekend during a potluck. Our guests loved it. It's definitely a salad that is customizable to your palette.
We had all these ingredients in our fridge, but you really don't need every single ingredient to have a really good and cleansing salad. For instance, mom had some sprouted quinoa ready but you could use bean sprouts, alfalfa sprouts or no sprouts at all. So have fun and happy detoxing!
- 2 cups packed spinach
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1/2 head of cabbage, thinly sliced or shredded
- 1 carrot, julienned or shredded
- 1/2 beet sliced or shredded
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds or nuts of your choice
- 1/2 package kelp noodles
- 1/2 cup sprouted quinoa
- 1/4 cup raisins
- Several sheets of seaweed such as Nori shredded
- 1 avocado diced
Place all ingredients together in a big bowl.
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 to 3 tablespoons of brown rice vinegar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon sea salt or to taste
Whisk all the ingredients together and and pour over salad. Let sit for a few minutes. It really doesn't take very long, but it will get better the longer it sits.
The Raw Food World Super Store is the first place to look for all your raw food needs.